Makes 36 cookies
3 cups almonds or combine with hazelnuts finely chopped
4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour
1⁄2 cup of coconut flour
1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup agave or maple syrup
1 cup of melted butter
1 to 3 drops of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
1 jar of preferred jam or apple butter
1/4 cup purified water
Young Living Oils Used in this Recipe:
1. Finely chop nuts or pulse in a food processor.
2. Melt butter slowly then add sweetener, stir and remove from burner.
3. Place flour in a bowl. Add nuts, sea salt, and then make a crater in the middle of the ingredients and slowly stir in the butter mixture. Mix well.
4. In the purified water, add 1 to three drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil.
5. After mixing the ingredients, pick up the dough and determine how pliable it is. At this point, sprinkle in just enough water and cinnamon oil to be able hold the shape for the foundation of the cookie. The texture should be firm but pliable enough to work with.
6. Form the cookies by taking a tablespoon of batter to make a small circular cookie. Roll between your palms. Place on try and press down on the middle of the cookie with your thumb.
7. Now select your favorite jams or apple butter. Optional: Any of the following Young Living Essential Oils Can be added to the filling. Suggestions: Lemon, Citrus Fresh, Spearmint, Peppermint, Grapefruit, Lavender, Orange, Ocotea and Orange, Frankincense and Orange, Clove and Lemon, Nutmeg and Tangerine, Cinnamon Bark.
8. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a cookie sheet with butter or coconut oil.
9. Place the cookies (without jam) on the pan about an inch or so apart. Place the cookies in the oven for 8 minutes.
10. Now remove the cookie pan out of the oven and place in a safe area. Use the jams you have chosen to fill the thumbprint and then place the pan back in the oven for another 8 minutes.
11. The end result should be a golden colored cookie with little jewels of jam in the center.
Note: The essential oils are very strong. Less is better. Some oils drop out faster than others so be alert when the oils come out of the bottle. If you use too much product it will overwhelm the recipe. The right amount for your taste, brings about a unique experience and vibration to your food.
Cooking times will vary depending on the altitude where you are living.